Are you spending too much time in Meetings?
One study shows that 15%+ of a person’s job satisfaction is based on how satisfied they are with their work meetings!
5 tips to improve your work productivity and happiness
(1) Look at your calendar with the intent to delete all of your meetings. Ask yourself why you need to keep any of them. Only keep the meetings that would be the best and highest use of your time. Cancel or decline the others and see if you’re more productive.
(2) Try shortening your meetings by 15 minutes each week until you get the best length.
(3) Have a clear purpose and agenda for all meetings or ask for these before you accept a meeting. If the meeting is not the best use of your time then consider declining the meeting.
(4) Do you have daily/weekly/monthly recurring meetings? Try cancelling them and only scheduling those meetings when they are most valuable. Try sharing info via Microsoft Teams, productivity apps like Monday.com, or a shared google doc instead.
(5) Be ok with not being at meetings. Feel confident in your decision to be productive in other ways.
Want more tips? Read “Joy At Work” by Marie Kondo and Scott Sonenshein.
Need an efficient business lawyer? Schedule a free 15 min consult with us!